A topknot is a well-liked coiffure for a lot of Shih Tzu homeowners, which isn’t stunning because it gives each utility and sweetness. Shih Tzu puppies, for instance, usually want a topknot to maintain stray hair out of their face so they’ll see clearly. Even grown up Shih Tzus look nice with a topknot, which turns their long hair into a waterfall of bouncy locks.
For those who’re planning to position a topknot in your Shih Tzu, don’t fear since doing so isn’t that tough. That is significantly true in case your pet is already used to bathing, brushing, and different grooming practices and doesn’t fidget a lot when he’s on the grooming desk. You can begin by taking these steps:
- Collect the instruments you want. These entail a rat tail comb, an active tooth comb, and a grooming pillow (which helps your pet’s chin and makes him extra comfy). You’ll additionally want small elastic bands, however, ensure to decide on people who received pull or rip out hair. Rubber bands which can be 5/16th in dimension are perfect for Shih Tzu puppies; you’ll want greater ones if you have a grown up Shih Tzu.
- Clear your Shih Tzu’s face, then use the effective tooth comb to take away any mats.
- Place him on his grooming pillow.
- Comb again the hair in your Shih Tzu’s head. Utilizing the rat tail comb, make a component from the internal nook of his left eye to the angle of his skull. Do the identical factor from the internal nook of his proper eye to the angle of his head.
- Tie this hand piece with a rubber band to make the topknot. After tying, pull up the band to loosen it a bit and create a puffy look. Doing this may ensure that your Shih Tzu’s hair pulls on his pores and skin and eyes.
- Utilizing the comb, make a component with the remaining part of the hair on all sides. Be certain to do so with the angle of your Shih Tzu’s head.
There, you’ve it! By taking these steps, you’ll give your beloved Shih Tzu a good looking topknot. When you’ve got a Shih Tzu, he’ll undoubtedly find himself with a brief and spiky topknot since his hair isn’t sufficiently lengthy. However, if he’s already a grown up and hasn’t had his hair trimmed, his long hair will crawl through the topknot in a nice bow.