It is perfectly understandable if you feel a bit overwhelmed when shopping for the best.
Every bite that your pet takes could either be beneficial or detrimental to his or her health. The wrong food could have terrible consequences for your pooch now as well as in the future. Inferior homemade dog good for a Shih Tzu can cause a host of problems and you have to avoid these at all cost.
You also have to be very wary of brands of dog food that you see stacked up in the local grocery store, as well as those often featured in commercials. These are often the worst culprits of them all. These thrive mainly because owners buy bags of these products just based on name recognition alone.
Consequences of Inferior Dog Food for Shih Tzu
There are many skin problems that your dog can suffer from as a result of inferior dog products, such as rashes, itching, and dryness. Low quality food can also cause nose discoloration after a few years, poor coat health, and digestive upset; or general uneasy stomach which can lead to runny stools, poor appetite, vomiting, or nausea.
After some time, there can also be problems which can arise due to lack of proper nutrition; and failure to receive anti-oxidants and other types of disease-fighting vitamins. It includes poor muscle tone, weak immune system, and higher risk of suffering from cardiovascular issues, arthritis, breathing problems, and canine diabetes.
What to Expect from a Good Dog Food for Shih Tzus
There are several things you can expect from high quality dog food for Shih Tzu:
- Wholesome and all natural ingredients – It includes human quality and real meats, fruits, and vegetables.
- Added supplements – It includes salmon oils as well as other natural omega 3 that are important for healthier coat and skin. There will also be antioxidants that can fend off diseases and boost the immune system. Chondroitin and glucosamine is a must for Shih Tzu as this can help maintain join and bone health. Probiotics can also help in better digestive health.
- No artificial additives – A dog food for Shih Tzu puppy will be preserved with the use of a mixture of vitamins. You could see this listed as blended tocopherols that are all vitamin Es. ANo coloring is added. Salmon oils are often added for more tempting flavors together with other types of wholesome ingredients.
- High quality protein – The high quality proteins have perfect balance of all essential amino acids. Studies revealed that dogs can sense if their food doesn’t contain even a single amino acid; and will often refuse to eat it.
- No wheat-gluten, corn, or soy – Superior dog food for Shih Tzu with allergies will never add such ingredients.
- Proper sizing – Shih Tzus need food which are especially sized for smaller breeds. The size and shape of the kibble make it easier to be chewed and mouthed, which leads to happier meals.